Experience and participate to the creation of a real photo shoot with a professional team, guided from the styling and the lighting set up to the shooting and the retouching.
The classes start with a studio lighting introduction and photo shooting and then move towards a retouching session and a business/marketing seminar. All workshops include the collaboration of a very professional and friendly team of models, wardrobe stylist, hair stylist and make-up artist.
All attendees have their time shooting the models alone, able to make their own creative choices or follow the guidance of our tutor.
You will learn how to get comfortable working in a real studio environment, from setting up the lights to directing the models to pose to achieve the results you have in mind. You will discover new creative shooting techniques and find out about the editing steps that will make your images look really top notch.
The time spent in the studio with professional lighting equipment and advice will enhance your confidence and skills in such a demanding and sometimes unfamiliar environment.
Key elements of the photography industry such as portfolios, websites, marketing, networking, making contacts, approaching clients and setting your prices will also be covered in detail in a business seminar, together with main fashion & portrait photography editing techniques in Photoshop CS5/6, to provide an all-round acquaintance with all possible sides of such a competitive field.
The workshop will leave you with stunning new portfolio images, renewed inspiration & creativity and all the knowledge you need to take your photography to the next step.
- Creative shooting
- Directing/posing your models
- Lighting set ups and lighting equipment
- Camera settings and composition
- How to organise a shoot
- Getting started in fashion/portrait photography
- Common fashion photography terminology
- How to advertise your work and create contacts
- How to effectively use networking websites to your advantage
- Creating and printing a winning portfolio
- Approaching new clients and setting your prices
- Submitting to magazines and getting commissioned